Privacy & Policy
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY – OUR COMMITMENT
At Nikon India Private Limited (“Nikon”), we value your privacy. Regardless of whether you are our customer, a visitor to one of our websites or offices or events, or someone we deal with in our ordinary course of business, protecting your privacy is important to us and is a responsibility that we take very seriously.
In this Privacy Statement (the “Notice”), we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain online or offline, and what your rights are in this regard. This Notice applies to Nikon and its affiliate entities to the extent that it deals with your personal information received by us. For the purposes of this Notice, any reference to “Services” is a reference to all the products, services and support offered by Nikon, whether available online or offline, either directly by Nikon or through its authorized representatives, and any reference to “Sites” is a reference to any of the Nikon websites (including any mobile version of such websites), microsites, offices, events or other offline places where we obtain your personal information.
By using and/or accessing our Sites or our Services, or otherwise providing information to us, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Notice. You also agree to the terms for accessing and correcting data as described in this Notice. Your use of our Sites or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service (which are incorporated by reference into this Notice). Depending upon your interactions with Nikon, other terms may also be applicable to you. Nikon’s Notice applies to all users and it solely reserves the right to change this Notice at any time.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect Directly From You. When you communicate or do business with us, we collect information from you, and this may include personal information. For example, we collect information from you when you sign up for our Services, create an online account with us, attend our branch, make a purchase, request information, submit a trouble ticket, participate in a contest or survey, or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect depends on your interaction with us, but may include, where permitted by applicable law, the following: your name, company name, email address (business or personal), mailing/billing address (business or residential), credit card/billing information, telephone number (business or personal), identity proof, address proof and any other information or document that you choose to provide If you are a minor, before providing your name, address, e-mail address or any other personal information to anyone on the Site, be sure to ask your parents / guardians if it's ok to do so.
We may use the information we collect from you in aggregated form or we may associate it with your name and other personal information that we collect about you. We may also combine information collected about you on one of our Sites with information collected through one or more of our other Sites or through your use of our Services for the same purposes as we would use such information in non-combined form.
Information We Collect About You From Third Parties. We also may collect information about you, such as name, contact, or demographic information from third party sources, such as service providers, distributors, dealers or affiliates. Where permitted by applicable law, we may combine this data with information that we already maintain about you. We will use this information as described in this Notice.
Information We Collect From Children. The collection and storage of sensitive personal data of individuals under the age of 18 will be in a manner that advances their rights and best interests.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, and to fulfill your orders.
• For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information to us, including, to respond to your inquiries, to provide any information that you request, to address trouble tickets, and for providing customer service.
• Where permitted by applicable law, to deliver customized content to you, to offer location customization, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Sites or our Services.
• For marketing and promotional purposes, for example, where permitted by applicable law, we may use your information, such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address to contact you with newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, as well as to track the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
• As permitted by applicable law, to assist us in advertising our products and services in various mediums including, without limitation, sending promotional emails, advertising our services on third party sites and social media platforms, direct mail, and by telemarketing.
• To notify prizewinners or send a prize, or for the purpose of other communication with the person in question.
• To verify participants in exhibitions and seminars and to correspond with them after the event.
• To develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities as a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to Nikon.
• To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to administer, monitor, and improve our Sites and Services, for our internal purposes, and for other research and analytical purposes.
• To protect our customers, employees or property — for instance, to investigate fraud, harassment or other types of unlawful activities involving our representatives or third parties that we do business with, and to enforce this Notice, as well as our Terms of Service.
• For such other uses authorized by law.
Newsletters, mails may be sent to the customers by selecting any of the groups through either outlook express or bulk mailing tool to provide you with information Nikon thinks you will find useful, including information about new products from Nikon. However, if at any time you do not wish to receive emails from Nikon, please contact the officer concerned as listed on the contact details on the Site.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your information as follows:
• Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliate entities within Nikon Group. Our affiliate entities may use your information for the purposes indicated in this document, including, to market their products and services to you, to the extent permitted by law. Within the Nikon Group we will observe the Nikon Group Privacy Protection Policy and strictly control the security of personal information.
• Distribution Partners. We may offer a product or service through third parties like distributors, dealers, authorized service centers, collection centers, solution partners, network partners and affiliate organizations. If we do so, we may share your information, such as your email address, phone number, or mailing address, with these third parties to assist in providing and marketing that product or service to you, as well as to enable the third parties to market their own products and services to you.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We take steps to ensure that third party contracts contain appropriate data protection and security provisions. These third parties include entities that provide website hosting, service/order fulfilment, customer service, and credit card processing, among others.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances and with the following persons/entities:
• Other Purposes for Which We May Seek Your Consent: From time to time, we may seek your consent to use your information for a purpose not described in this Notice. We may also share your personal information with third parties under other circumstances where we have your consent. For example, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in a survey or promotion; where applicable, your information will be used and shared as described in the instructions/rules to that survey and/or promotion.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merge with another entity, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other entity.
• In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with applicable law, judicial proceedings, a court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a summon.
• To Protect Us and Others. We may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Notice, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
If you submit your resume or otherwise apply for a job with Nikon, we use and disclose the information you submit for employment consideration only unless we otherwise obtain consent from you.
If you do not want to be tracked, you may disable cookies yourself through your browser settings. You also may opt-out of targeted advertising, as mentioned below.
THIRD-PARTY AD NETWORKS
We may use third parties such as network advertisers to display advertisements about Nikon on third party websites, having their own policies and practices that are not under the control of or maintained by Nikon. Network advertisers display advertisements on third-party websites, based on your visits to our Sites as well as other websites. This enables us and these third parties to target advertisements by displaying ads for products and services in which you might be interested. Such links do not indicate any responsibility or endorsement or sponsorship on Nikon’s part for such external websites, their contents or the links displayed on them. These links are provided only as a convenience, in order to help you find relevant websites, services and/or products that may be of interest to you.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Where permitted by applicable law, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails, phone messages or calls to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the communication or informing our executives over the phone. If you opt-out of receiving such communication, we may still send you communications about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
We may invite you to post content on our Sites, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Sites. If you post content to our Sites, the information that you post will be available to other visitors to our Sites. If you post your own content on our Sites or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Notice, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Sites and our online Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Notice, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites. Therefore, deciding on the suitability of any service and/or products, available through any of these websites, is entirely your own responsibility. Nikon is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of any third party/external websites.
Our websites may include social media plugins such as “like” and “share” buttons. By clicking on such a plugin, the data you want to like or share will be provided to the relevant social media site. We are not responsible for the practices of such third party social media sites once you have clicked on any such “like” or “share” button.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our Sites and the provision of our Services. Despite our best efforts, you will appreciate that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Nikon shall not be liable for any disclosure of user's personal information due to default on the part of the user.
You should therefore take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
HOW TO ACCESS, CORRECT, AMEND OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
To access, correct, amend, or delete your account information and other personal information that Nikon may be storing about you (for example, your name, address, or billing information), you may contact your customer service representative or send an email to the following address: Privacy.Nind@nikon.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
5. COPYRIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP OF MATERIAL
The contents of the Site, including any information comprised of any text, images, audio and video, graphics, selection and arrangement are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights and should not be distributed, modified, reproduced or used, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of Nikon. However, you may download or otherwise copy content from this website for non-commercial personal use only, provided however, that all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact. Any further copying, reproduction, publication, posting, transmission or distribution of any part of this website in any way is prohibited.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This Notice is subject to change, and any changes to this Notice will be posted on our websites. All information submitted through the Sites to Nikon is subject to the terms and conditions of this Notice, as amended.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Notice is governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with laws of India, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction. You agree, in the event of any dispute arising in relation to the terms and conditions contained in this Notice or any dispute arising in relation to the Site whether in contract or tort or otherwise, to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts located at New Delhi, India for the resolution of all such disputes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
In case of any issue, you may email us at Privacy.Nind@nikon.com, however please describe the nature of the problem or issue you wish to report in detail, or you may send us your communication at the following address:
Data Compliance Team
Nikon India Private Limited
Plot Number 71, Sector 32,
Gurgaon - 122001